Who are we?
We are committed to deliver the highest level of value to our customers and providing a dynamic and challenging environment for all our employees. The group now employs over 65 professionals, and services over 600 customers both locally and overseas and is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our Automotive Solutions team.
Forming part of a young and dynamic technical team you will be expected to produce and maintain the best quality software using the latest technology while also assisting the software development manager / team leader in scheduling and allocating resources. While predominantly a programming position, elements of testing, implementation and system design using well-established standards and procedures will also form part of your day-to-day activities. This covers ;
- Bespoke software development & country specific solutions.
- ERP systems deployment and technical support/debugging.
- System upgrades and patching using provided software Central Versioning System (CVS).
- Application and setup of Automotive Manufacturer interfaces.
- Deliver technical and ERP IT administrator level training / consultancy.
- Development of customer specific reports.
- Perform effective technical analysis and 2nd line of support.
- Projects technical support.
- Build an area of advanced competences in selected areas of ERP.
- Co-ordinate user acceptance testing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of quality software using available technologies as provided and specified by the company.
- Meet deadlines as agreed upon during scheduling.
- Follow the company’s set of coding standards.
- Perform proper testing to make sure that best software quality is released.
- Writing technical documentation of work performed.
- Keep version control as specified in the company’s procedures.
- Releasing and implementing new or modified software internally or at clients as per company’s procedures.
- Address reported bugs as fast and efficient as possible.
- Provide support to modules developed/enhanced by the team.
- Assist the other teams with client support.
- Time sheet inputting within 24 hours of working on a job or task.
- Ensure that all day-to-day work practices are following the standards set in the Quality Management System (QMS) and assist in their updating in case of need.
- Adherence to the company Code of Conduct, unless otherwise specified in the job description.
- Maintenance and reviewing of assigned ConnectWise tickets.
- Technical Team Lead.
- Project Manager or anyone the company may deem appropriate whilst implementing a project.
- A first degree in software development.
- Fundamental knowledge of databases, ISAM, ORACLE, MS SQL
- Good knowledge of VB, C/C++, Web Services, XML, SOAP
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in Autoline and/or the KCML programing language.
- Server administration techniques of NT/Unix based platforms will be considered as an asset
- Must be well organized and pro-active.
- Other on the job training would be provided as and when required. Such training would be discussed during appraisals with the incumbent. Such training may be carried out internally, locally or overseas.
- On the job training would be provided as and when required. Training may be carried out internally, locally, or overseas. Ongoing training and a structured appraisal system ensure people can grow professionally.
- With our clientele being local as well as international, you would be expected to have an excellent command of spoken and written English. Fluency in a 2nd language such as French and/or Arabic would be considered an asset.
- You will be working on systems that interface and integrate with the automotive industry players such as KIA, Mercedes, Toyota, Honda, Ferrari, Hyundai, Jaguar, VW, Porsche, BMW, Lamborghini.
- The very real opportunity of overseas travel and exposure to world-class systems
We offer careers not jobs & an opportunity to learn the business processes involved.
At times, the nature of the job may be somewhat demanding due to tight deadlines that must be met.
This job might require travelling to client sites (locally and overseas).
Salary will be commensurate with experience, expertise and knowledge.
The post is open to both Local and Foreign Candidates who have the experience , skills and knowledge to perform, execute and excel in this role.
We can offer both onsite , hybrid or fully remote working conditions to the successful candidate.