Who We Are
We are Information Systems Limited (“ISL”) and our website address is: https://isl.com.mt
“ISL” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st June 2009.
The data controller (“Controller”) of this website is ISL with offices situated at:
60 Melfar Buildings, Office 8/9/10, C. De Brockdorff Street, Msida, MSD 1421, MALTA.
Telephone Number: +356 21315 001
Mr Joe Aquilina ([email protected])
What we Collect and why we collect it
The following information will be automatically processed and this for the sole use of ISL:
- The requested web page or download;
- Whether the request was successful or not;
- The date and time when you accessed the site;
- The Internet address of the web site or the domain name of the computer from which you accessed the site
- The operating system of the machine running your web browser and the type and version of your web browser
By continuing to access this website and any contact form within, you are agreeing and giving us your express consent to process the following personal data:
- Name and Surname and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Any file or document you chose to upload and send to us through the website
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
If you leave a comment on our website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behave in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information for direct marketing in the following manner:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to the Controller or emailing us at [email protected]
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online
Accessing, rectifying and erasing your personal information
You are entitled to request access to your personal information in the following manner:
By sending a signed application in writing to the “Controller” at reasonable intervals requesting written information as to whether your personal data has been processed. Any such application shall be free of charge. In any such case the “Controller” shall provide to you written information in an intelligible form about:
- actual information about the data subject which is processed;
- where this information has been collected;
- the purpose of the processing;
- to which recipients or categories of recipients the information is disclosed; and
- knowledge of the logic involved in any automation
You are entitled to request the “Controller” to immediately rectify, block or erase personal data that has not been processed in accordance to the law. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.